One Man’s Floor is Another Man’s Feelings brings together installations and videos by artist Sigalit Landau previously featured in the Israeli Pavilion during the 54th Venice Biennale, 2011.
Shown together for the first time outside of the Biennale, the themes of this collection of works encompasses water, soil and salt. Through these basic elements the artist explores issues of existence and survival: the interdependence of people and nations in her native region, and their common interlinked futures. The Israeli pavilion was commissioned by Jean de Loisy and llan Wizgan.
Artist talk: 5 p.m., Friday, Feb. 24
Reception: 6:30-8 p.m., Friday, Feb. 24
Exhibition and artist talk are free with the purchase of SCAD Museum of Art admission.
Reception is free and open to the public as part of the deFINE ART gallery hop, 6:30-8 p.m., Feb. 24.
Visit the SCAD exhibitions website.
Sigalit Landau is an Israeli sculptor, video and installation artist. She lives and works in Tel Aviv.
• The Museum of Modern Art, New York, New York
• Israeli pavilion, 54th Venice Biennale, Venice
• Galerie Kamel Mennour, Paris, France
• Kunst-Werke Institute for Contemporary Art, Berlin, Germany
• Tel Aviv Museum of Art, Tel Aviv, Israel
• Witte de With Center for Contemporary Art, Rotterdam, Netherlands
• Israel Museum, Jerusalem
• Kunstmuseum Kloster Unser Lieben Frauen, Magdeburg, Germany
• Centre Pompidou, Paris
• Tel Aviv Museum of Art, Tel Aviv
• The Jewish Museum, New York, New York
• Brooklyn Museum, New York
• Magasin 3, Stockholm, Sweden
• Museo de Arte Contemporaneo de Castilla y Leon, Leon, Spain
• The Museum of Modern Art, New York
On the Web